Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Words can not describe the way I feel about you. From the moment I found out about you, you became apart of me. You changed everything about me, and have shaped me into the woman I am today.
My whole life, I wanted to be a mother. You fulfilled my dream, and then some.
My prayer for you is that you know and love the Lord, that you take time to pray, and you grow in the love of Christ. I pray you will become a loving, kind generous man. That you dream big, find your purpose and work hard. But most of all I pray that you know how much your father and I love you, we're behind you 100% and we will always be proud of you.
You're an amazing boy that keeps us on our toes. You love dirt, balls, trucks, bugs, books, and spending time with your family. (Of course you love the phone... but we're working on this) You're spirited, loving, kind, sweet and totally 100% B.O.Y.
Soon, you'll be turning four, and going to school. The journey we're on right now is tough one, and to be honest there are days where I'm not sure what's really going on (or if I'm doing the right thing)-but one thing is for sure I love you, and I'm working hard everyday and I'm dedicated to helping you.
You made me a better person, son, and everyday I try to achieve more... to be a better wife, a better mom and a better person.
Thank you, my precious boy, for being you. I couldn't imagine my life without you. You're the perfect fit for our family.
Monday, September 28, 2009
I did not leave three days worth of dishes in the sink... and only clean them up because my mother-in-law was coming over. That's just unsanitary... a mother such as myself, would never let that happen.
I did not shove a box of pizza so far into the fridge that it knocked over a half opened bottle of soy sauce, and then wait till the next morning to clean it up. That's just crazy talk!
And finally, I did not wash my husbands cell phone, even after he told me he left it in his pants. A wife as together as myself, would never let a thing like that happen.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Just imagine it. Your trash, lying on your driveway. Sit and think for a second about all the things you throw away. Private things. And imagine that all your neighbors get a panoramic view of your family lying on your driveway EVERYDAY!
So, because of our little critter problem, I have to clean out my fridge on trash day. I'm never really sure what day of the week it is (especially early in the morning), and I usually don't realize it's a trash day until I hear that unmistakable screech of suburbia driving down the street picking up the weeks garbage.
So, as you can imagine, I wasn't really in the mood to sit and hold a baby... but I did. I cuddled. I nursed. I bathed. I lotioned. I loved.
There's still dishes in the sink. There's still a very questionable chicken my fridge. (No more chips tho- I did manage to run the vacuum while holding her)
And it was all worth it.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
As a parent of a with child with special needs, I find myself saying:
- That he will look past my ignorence, and know that I did everything I could to heal him.
- That I used every fiber of my being to help him get better.
- He doesn't rememeber this pain.
- That he will become a "typical" child.
- That he will grow out of it.
- Journal his behavior and diet
- Make an appointment to see his pediatrician to discuss everything
- See and allergist
- See a behavioral psychiatrist
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Lily has always been an excellent sleeper, but every now and then she'll wake up around 5 to nurse, then go right back to sleep. This morning was one of those mornings. She was up at 5.20 am, nursed for 15 minutes, and went right back to sleep.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Psalm 138 (NIV)
7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes,
with your right hand you save me.
8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.
This is my sweet Logan in 10/06. The Lord has a purpose for him, and He will never abandon him. I didn't know then that God had this journey in His plan, but I know with Him, we'll get through it.
My son will be free from anxiety and OCD.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 (NIV)
15So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.
16May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I wrote a lot on this blog about our journey with Logan. I don't want to forget an important piece of our lives- the long awaited arrival of our beloved Lily Faye.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Psalm 62:5-8 (NIV)
5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
7 My salvation and my honor depend on God ;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
8 Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
I took a huge leap of faith today, and decided to give away anything that has preservatives in it. We're having some friends over for dinner, so what they don't know is when they leave, they'll have some groceries to take with them :)
Friday, September 4, 2009
Thursday, September 3, 2009
- Does not interact well with other children- mostly "side-by-side" plays.
- Is completely fixated the phone and elevators/escalators
- Goes into his own world and plays "elevator" (sliding two things on the ground apart, and then back together while humming).
- Pinches himself and makes a high pitched noise when he is frustrated.
- Slaps himself in the face when I turn my sewing machine.
- In my opinon, is speech delayed.
- He's obsessed with being clean- makes me clean up water off the street.
- Gets so excited, he can't calm down.
- Has bowl issues- willful holding of stool for up to 7 days.
- As a very young child, he would sit in a circle and "dance" in a circular motion for 10 minutes or so.
- He would make a "bubble" noise by holding a fist and making a continual high pitched noise. He would do it so often that his face would get raw, and rash.
- Walking after one year
- Didn't call us "Mom" or "Dad" until after he was two
- Couldn't form a question until he was 3 1/2 years old