Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Schools Out for Summer

The summer is finally here! Today is Logan's last day of school, and I couldn't be happier. School's out, the weather is warm, and VBS starts next week. But I can't help but think about where I was this time last year. I felt so alone, so lost, and out of control. I had no idea what was in store for our family; and in some ways I still don't- but at least we have help!

Ever year I teach/volunteer at VBS (Vacation Bible School). And last year Logan really struggled. He was a sweet boy trapped inside his body, and we didn't know how to help him. In fact on the second day of VBS I was told "something's not quite right."

By this time (June 2009), he had already been evaluated by FDLRS and was waiting for his second evaluation- which only happened during school months so we had to wait till August. When the preschool director at my church pulled me aside to talk about Logan I completely broke down. I hadn't fully come to grips with this challenge God laid out for me- and having another professional tell me "he's unique" was almost unbearable to hear.

However, Logan's not the only one growing- him Mom is, too. And that Mom who started this blog was a woman in a lot of pain. She was mourning the loss of a son she thought she had.

I'm proud to announce that I'm not that woman anymore. Yes, I still have painful days; and yes I still ask "why me". But today I stand (well, actually I'm sitting but whose checking) before you a new Mom. One who's learning everyday is a gift, and I'm working more and more on enjoying the miracle in the moment.

He's come so far, and grown a lot over the past eight months. He's our pride and joy, and I'm so thankful God blessed me with him.

First Day of School (10/15/09)

1 comment:

  1. Top of the day to you! This is gonne sound kind of unrelated but I could do with some opinion from an reputable web publication. Is it awfully difficult to set up your individual weblog? I am not particularly techincal however I am able figure different things out fairly fast. I was giving some thought to starting my own site although I'm unclear about how to start. I was wondering if you have any tips? With thanks

    ReplyDelete