Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Father's Celebration!

Well, this year Father's Day, and my husband's birthday were a day apart!

So, my wonderful hubby had TWO days of celebration!

We kicked off on Friday when we picked up the cookie bouquet I ordered for him. It's so hard to buy presents for him, and I wanted to get something that I knew he would love, so I got a "musical" cookie bouquet. It had guitars and stars and tickets on it... it was sooo cute! On Sunday, I packed up the kids and took them to church. We got to see my Dad for a little bit (and he got to check out Lily's new walking trick!). Then, we came home and I made lunch for me and Doug and the kids. We relaxed and did just want my hubby wanted- a whole lot of nothing.

Then, we stopped by my in-laws for a little bit in the afternoon. Then, we put the kids to bed early and had a little time for ourselves.

The next day, was my husband's birthday! I spent the morning running around and gathered up all his favorite things. First stop- Target to pick up a DVD he wanted Logan to have; then we went to Publix to pick up his cake; then we went to Dunkin Donuts to get and eclair and coffee; and finally Subway to get there new breakfast sandwich (only TWO points!).

The day went a little different than expected, because we took Logan to an impromptu Dr apt (more on that later). So while I whisked Logan away, Daddy and Lily spent some quality time together.

My Mom came over around 4 o'clock and we took the kid and picked up Outback for the whole crew (My parents/DJ's parents/our family). It was nice to sit around our kitchen table and not have the stress of cooking/cleaning up after a party. Then we sang and cut the cake that Logan picked out earlier that morning.

It was a wonderful way to celebrate a wonderful man!

Thank you, honey, for all you do for our family. Your hard work, kind spirit, and gentle touch are some of the reasons I love you so much. You're an amazing Dad, and I fall in love with you more and more everyday!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for rookie blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete