Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Winter we Welcome You

While most of my state is O-V-E-R this cold weather, my family is embracing it(30 degrees is cold for us you know). When the thermometer dips this low, it makes me (not so) secretly wish we lived where it snowed.

Everyday my palm trees are covered with ice, my lawn is dying, and despite my best effort to save my plants (by covering them with my bed sheets) Jack Frost is biting them with everything he has. I imagine that this spring we'll be relandscaping- which is fine by me.

I'm still working on getting organized. We're going to be doing some furniture moving this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to give us so much more space in our family area- plus be much safer for Lily (I'll take some pictures and do a post on it later).

Lots planned today- oil change, car wash, Target, bank, bill paying (yuck!). It's a "no fun" job, but someone has to do it! Hopefully tomorrow I can do something fun with the kids0 like the park!

My prayers are with Haiti- praying for all those affected by the earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment