Lily is such an awesome baby- for the most part. She has her moments (and her days) that make me wonder "we planned this one, right?".
But all-in-all she's a great young lady, and the perfect second child. She rolls with the punches (sometimes literally) and goes with the flow. But while I was feeding her a nutritious breakfast of graham crackers and organic puffs, I got to thinking...
With my first I did everything "by the book":
- He ate only jarred foods (which, at the time, I thought was best)
- He was on a very strict sleeping and eating schedule
- His bed sheets were changed EVERYDAY (a little OCD on my part I know)
- He played with the safest, most up to date toys (although he would have been happy with a twig- or a phone... go figure)
- He was changed often, always had his face wiped, and his clothes never had a stain or mark on them. If they did, his clothes were promptly changed, and the stain treated.
- He was only exposed to Baby Einstein on DVD
- Cleaned the whole house- top to bottom everyday
- Did laundry everyday
- Exposed Logan to friends, play dates, and "outings" often
- Wiped down his toys with Clorox wipes, and made sure if his cup hit the floor it would be properly washed (I always had a back up)
- Wiped the cart, restaurant high chairs, and tables. If his hand so much as grazed any of those things- it was wiped too
- My diaper bag was sufficiently packed with everything I might need- and I had a back up in my car
Please don't call CPS on me- I'll put a Baby Einstein on today.